|CONTENT | REFERENCES | RESOURCES | SPONSORS | CONTRIBUTORS | HOW TO USE THIS CD|
How You Can Make Choices That Treat the Earth Well
One Tonne Challenge
This is a national program to help Canada meet its commitment to the Kyoto Accord.
- What part did Canada play in the international efforts to reach agreement on the Kyoto Protocol.
- Where does Canada stand in the list international ratings Green House Gas (GHG) emissions per person?
- How many tonnes of GHG per person in Canada in 2004?
- Find a copy of the One Tonne Challenge booklet or one line.
- Score yourself in this national program. How many points for you?
- How many tonnes saved by these points? Check the fine print and do the math!
- How many tonnes of Greenhouse gas emissions did you save?
ACTIVITY 2 – Research
- If 30 million Canadians did this, what would be the total GHG reduction?
- Check out the 7.4.2 School Boards – Climate Change Calculators
18.104.22.168c Global – Kyoto Protocol
22.214.171.124c Ontario – Kyoto Commitments
- What commitment can you make to improve your score?
- Find three more GHG references in this CD
- What is the main concern seen with increasing emissions?