Riparian Rangers Ganaraska kicked off in November 2022. The planting phase from Fall 2022 to Fall 2023 was funded by the Great Lakes Local Action Fund (GLLAF) and completed in collaboration with the Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority (GRCA), Sustainable Cobourg and the Towns of Cobourg and Port Hope. During this phase, student and community volunteers worked together to plant and mulch, and then map and measure (10%) trees at a total of 7 sites in the Port Hope and Cobourg areas. As with all other RR sites, ACER will work to regularly measure and monitor the trees planted at these sites, to add to our Riparian Rangers data repository.
Great Lakes Local Action Fund
To follow: tree monitoring data and maps for all planting sites.
- Sylvan Glen Conservation Area (planting date: Nov. 12, 2022)
- XXXX (planting date: Oct. 7, 2023)
- Peter Huffman Trail (planting date: Oct. 14, 2023)
- XXXX (planting date: May 13, 2023)
- XXXX (planting date: May 27, 2023)
- XXXX (planting date: Sept. 30, 2023)
- St. Mary Catholic SS (planting date: Nov. 14, 2023)