Project Crossroads expands our schoolyard Planting for Change by providing education curricula such as STEM, environmental studies, leadership and well-being skills to students from SK through Grade 12. This collaboration involves school teams of educators, students, and community volunteers. Acer co-designs plantings of native tree species for privately owned, publicly-accessed sites such as schoolyards, hospital grounds, faith-owned property, and conservancy lands. Students and community volunteers do more than assume stewardship of the sites: Plantings are permanently tagged, mapped, routinely monitored, and measured, with the gathered data shared for international climate change research.
Listen to how Project Crossroads has positively affected people and their beloved communities!
*Our program is funded by Environment Canada’s EcoAction Community Funding Program, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation, Canadian Tree Fund, Maple Leaves Forever, Ontario Trillium Foundation and Earth Day Canada Community Environment Fund.
Read more about this program in the news!
- Map of Bramalea Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP) Areas
- January 1, 2021: Project Crossroads Participation Surveys & Report (PDF)
- January 8, 2021: Building Up Our Neighbourhoods Letter of Support & Project Summary
In the News:
- December 18, 2020: ACER Gets Peel Region Nod, for Community-Engaged Climate Action in Knightsbridge
- October 30, 2020: ACER Thanks Knightsbridge Residents for Welcoming Project Crossroads Trees
- October 19, 2020: Fantastic fall planting at Folkstone Park in a SNAP
- October 8, 2020: Lifting the Health and Spirits of Students in Knightsbridge — Peel Weekly News
- October 7, 2020: ACER Lifts Knightsbridge Wellbeing with Project Crossroads for Thanksgiving
- May 21, 2020: Local Group Plants Hope at Annual Meeting — Peel Weekly News
- December 5, 2019: Peel Matters: What Works and What’s at Risk for Climate Justice — Peel Weekly News
- September 26, 2019: Peel Matters: Planting Trees Now and For Tomorrow — Peel Weekly News